This one-day course provides basic techniques to deal with challenging behaviours that can be resolved through effective conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
As a participant, you will delve into the reasons for these challenging behaviours, and determine strategies to employ to avoid difficult, unproductive situations and transform them into unexpectedly positive energy.
Distinguish between various types of difficult people and challenging behaviours.
Appreciate your own behaviour style and how it affects others.
Apply conflict management and negotiation skills to challenging situations.
Types of Difficult People
- Reasons for the behaviour
- Strategies for dealing with them
Types of Difficult Behaviours
- Strategies to help deal with them
- Assertiveness and aggressiveness styles
- Assess your style
- Reading and responding to body language
- Recognizing the strengths and vulnerabilities of our own style
- Conflict causes and management strategies
- Negotiating to win-win solutions